Fuzzy white branches like tarantula legs of soft snow blanketing my view from the morning window. Otherworldly and calming.
Why am I sharing this process? Why not just post photographs of finished guitars—shiny and proud?
In the words of Martina Navratilova, a consummate athlete who won fifty-four Grand Slam tennis titles, "the moment of victory is much too short to live for that and nothing else." When someone who knows what it is to cross the finish line first says this, I imagine she knows a thing or two about how to get there.
So, this is the quiet time when I let my thoughts spill out onto the paper. I am living for the moment I am in.
I am reminded of Kerouac's "Method."
- Scribbled secret notebooks, and wild typewritten pages, for your own joy
- Submissive to everything, open, listening
- Try never get drunk outside your own house
- Be in love with your life
- Something that you feel will find its own form
- Be crazy dumbsaint of the mind
- Blow as deep as you want to blow
- Write what you want bottomless from bottom of the mind
- The unspeakable visions of the individual
- No time for poetry but exactly what is